Saturday, May 18, 2013

shiney shoes... a peom by me


My shoes maybe dirty
My heels maybe be worn
My collars & sleeves may ragged & torn
My nails may be dirty & filled with grime
My pockets are empty I haven’t a dime
& I have 2 admit that I’ v committed some crimes.
But… I’m honest & friendly most of the time.

You sir, however.. have nice polished shoes
& might I suggest for your clothing its Seville row
 where you choose

& how lovely yourr nails look …so well manicured
& your dazzling smile... leaves my vision obscured…
But I guess you can afford it …
 with all you’ve procured…
However,   I don’t see you smile much…
not convincingly
& may I suggest...
 you have less real friends than me…

See, that there’s the difference sir,…
’ tween thee and me...

U c I speak quite loudly... an’ often I swear
Where u sir..., prime minister... u widnae dare,
But u c sir I’m common…
A real working girl
Who’s drank champagne with all sorts
Shared hash, cocaine and pills…
Where u sir have real class, a title and skills…
& live in a hoose... for which I pay the bills
& at my expense, you seek exotic thrills.

Yet, still u will judge me
You obnoxious louse
With your big cat salary
And posh council house
Which is paid for by real working folk
And you really think you deserve their vote…

But that’s not a problem for me sir you c.
Because I believe in the right 2 be.. & speak free
So u cannae stop me from having my say
 For in my tax deduction ..
under you law...
... for that right I pay.

No comments: