Wednesday, November 6, 2013

rememberance ...

It's about three years now since I made a conscious decision not to wear a poppy for remembrance, previous to that I wore one almost all year round attached to my hats, because , I don't just remember the war dead on a specific day, I remember them everyday.

 I remember those who died in battles for a cause they were told was noble & necessary for the betterment of the world ...

 I remember those who came to be the collateral damage of wars...
 the innocent civilians who died in various ways... going about their daily life's,
working, feeding their families trying to  keep them safe from harm who were blown away by random bombs or explosions or attacks by those who adhere to the extreme ideologies of whatever religious or political doctorate they choose to fight for in wars against peace, against humanity...

For in any war it is humans, humanity that looses , there is no real victor, or victorious...
 in war only profits for the profiteers who contrive the propaganda that fuels the war machine stand to gain anything.

Two years ago, when I decided to stop wearing a poppy for remembrance I made a conscious decision to wear a feather...

A strange choice some might think , as it was a feather that was used as a symbol of cowardice in past wars and given to those who were known a conscientious objector, those who refused to fight in the contrived wars of the hierarchy's for whatever reason they chose to do so.

However for me the choice of a feather was a symbolic one, for to me the feather is a symbol of spiritual connectivity,  bravery & peace.

So this year when I don't wear a poppy it is not out of disrespect to those who have died in past wars or those who continue to die, or indeed become victims, of  what for many comes to feel like the living death of the aftermath of war , or those who right now as I right this are living with the trauma & fear of war all around them everyday as they try to go about their life's , working feeding & trying to protect their children families & loved ones...

For believe me, if I can assure you of nothing else, believe this, I live my life, with those touched by the horrors of war everyday very much on my mind,
and everyday I pray for their safety & that  peace will come to them and all of us soon.


 http://www.warpaths2peacepipes.com/native-american-symbols/feathers-symbol.htm

http://www.fiercelight.org/feathers-peace

http://www.selfgrowth.com/articles/white-feathers-and-what-they-mean


No comments: